Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Survivors



Yesterday we left Lima at 1pm and rode through the most barren land I have ever seen. I had no idea that Lima was built in the middle of a desert. The following pictures give you a small taste of what we saw from our windows for several hours; absolutely incredible. One was taken from my side of the bus (looking straight up) while the other was taken from Isabel's side (looking straight down.



I was unable to get any pictures of the “homes” that people had built on the desert wasteland. No water. No electricity. Boxes on the sand. I couldn't help but think over and over, “How do they survive?”



This country is a land of survivors.



I woke up this morning at 6 am after a restless night , and decided I was done trying to fight with sleep that wouldn't come. I am sitting here at the table looking out the window at the most phenomenal mountains I have ever seen, and waiting until 8:45 when we will leave for the orphanage.


And my mind keeps returning to Cecilia...



And a land of survivors...


We were told she probably wouldn't have made it if Arco Iris Orphanage hadn't taken her in. We are told she is a very determined little girl.


Of course she is... That's how God made her. He had to make her that way.


A land of survivors...




mbp

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are amazing, but I can only imaging the people living there or should I say surviving. I was awake too just praying and praying for our precious new grand daughter,and all of you. What a day. You have waited so long and now you are with her. I love you all so much MOM

    ReplyDelete