Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Papa and Isa sing for Cecilia

Isa and I wanted to sing this song for Cecilia. Hope you enjoy it.

In June Luciana took me to the James Taylor and Carol King Troubadour concert for my birthday.

wow.

I’m drawn to a certain type of music. Just ask Luciana and she’ll tell you. She calls it depressing. I call it contemplative; highway music. Whatever you want to call it, I connect with it.

It reminds me of a longing in the human soul; a longing for something more. Most of the people who sing about it seem to have few answers. Maybe that’s why they do such a phenomenal job of describing longing.

Anyway, Cecilia helps me to connect with that longing. The ache in my heart to meet her at times goes beyond anything earthly.

Kind of like the longing to truly know Jesus himself.

mbp

3 comments:

  1. love it!! SO cute. loving her eyebrows in this. miss you guys (& the couch.) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable! great "before" memories. and great days to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You said it would be funny and it just made me all misty! What a dirty trick ;)

    ReplyDelete