Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Second Visit

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your prayers. We have had over 200 people check the blog in the past 24 hours, which means I'm a little behind. I wish I could speak this and have it show up, rather than sit in front of this computer, but we take what we can get...


Actually, I wish you could be here with us. Our senses are flooded (Luciana's word; I liked assaulted) every minute of the day. The mountains... (Perfect example; I was just called in the middle of writing "mountains" to look at the sunset. Here's the picture.)

This is Huascaran; the tallest mountain in Peru.

A lady walking her pigs down the street, the Quechua market, the roast chicken open restaurants... and did I mention the mountains...

Now for the important information. We spent some time with Rosita today. Things already felt more peaceful. Again, thank you for your prayers. We saw the real Rosa Maria in her element. She was not being asked to accept two total strangers as Mami and Papi (not that she would even know what those words meant). We watched her play, dance and laugh. Luciana fed her, which will be a challenge, and changed her diaper, which she fought really hard (which was a really good sign.)

Isabel enjoyed running with her and dancing with her, completely unprompted. Like I said yesterday, Isa is leading the way. (big surprise to those of you who know her.)
Tomorrow we will take her back to the home we are staying at for a couple of hours. We will feed her lunch and return her for her nap.

God bless you, as he has us...


mbp



1 comment:

  1. I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys :-)
    Praise the Lord little Rosita is getting to know her new family. We are praying for you all!!!
    I am really jealous you are in Peru...but not as jealous as Christian :-)
    SeƱor les bendiga!!!

    ReplyDelete