Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How can I keep from singing...

"He that spared not his own son but delivered him up for us all, how will he not, also with him, freely give us all things?"

  • 4 donated, first class tickets to Lima and a safe flight


  • A wonderful lawyer that has accompanied us everywhere and become a friend

  • A lovely hotel that we got for cheaper because of the Godly reputation of missionary friends in Lima

  • The safe trip on a bus to Huaraz


  • Wycliffe missionary friends that we just met who opened their home for us for a week and their hearts, helping us process the rough first days at the orphanage (Check them out at http://www.adeandrachel.com/ . Much better pictures than we could have gotten in our week there to show Lia's heritage and homeland.)


  • Looking at the Andes out the kitchen window while doing dishes


  • Nobody got sick (and friends, we are "less than cautious" with street food...)



        • Discovering my daughter was the sweetheart of the orphanage and church she attends, and had the best of what one can receive from an institution

        • A Christian orphanage

        • Safety on the trip back despite an irresponsible driver (NOT my husband, by the way)

        • An apartment, also donated to us, bigger than our house in the best part of Lima for a month

        • Family and friends without whose prayers and encouragement we would have had some dark days. Keep them coming!

        • Isabel's acceptance of Cecilia as a sister ("yes she IS ours!" - Isabel's response to a lawyer telling us she was not officially ours till next Tuesday)

        • And most of all, a little girl who has lost her nannies and orphanage siblings overnight, has survived abandonment and surgeries before she could walk, has been brought to a strange house with new people that are fumbling to learn her ways, and still woke up in her pack and play (at 5:15 - but no less cute) saying "mama?"

        If Love is Lord of heaven and earth, how can I keep from singing...










        7 comments:

        1. Tears in my eyes as I read this!!! (not unlike the rest)
          So glad you're getting a chance to reflect on what God has provided for you! Such good reminders and awesome for all of us to see how faithful He is!!!
          How GREAT is our GOD!!!!!

          ReplyDelete
        2. Luciana what a neat summary and for sure the Lord has been good to you and your family and I think I see why those girls need some toys for the bathtub. Love Dad

          ReplyDelete
        3. This brought tears to my eyes today... I'm so glad we were able to play out just a tiny role in God's amazing plan for your family. We'll keep up the prayers for all 4 of you over the next few weeks.
          Love, Rachel, Ade & Danny, who told someone just today that he is sad because his friend left!

          ReplyDelete
        4. You four are amazing! Our God is amazing! I had tears in my eyes as I read this. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

          ReplyDelete
        5. This is truly amazing, I had no idea this was going on until Profe Junkrowski told my Spanish four class about it. Thank the Lord for everything that he has given you, you four have been in my prayers and will continue to be in them. I'll keep following your blog, this is so amazing, it's life changing! Congratulations!

          Love,
          Jeff Foreman

          ReplyDelete
        6. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.
          Winfield Fawcetts

          ReplyDelete