Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snowstorm

We travel to Peru next week.

I'm sitting in the library watching the snow start to fall, after taking care of the final "red-tape." We had to update our fingerprints. (Just in case you don't know, Your passport expires every ten years, but your fingerprints for the INS expire every 18 months. Go figure; I thought they were permanent.)

As I sit here the weather is starting to make people nervous. They are calling for high winds, heavy snow, frigid temperatures and even thunder and lightning! Things are actually being cancelled before the storm hits (I feel like I'm in Georgia.)

I, on the other hand, am feeling at peace. Storms don't usually frighten me. In fact, I find them exciting. I remember sitting at the picture window in the family room as a child, watching the lightning over the reservoir. It was exhilerating. (Luciana just texted that Isa's school is cancelled for tomorrow.)

I feel the same way about traveling to Peru. I have always felt more alive in Latin America. I breathe the air a little deeper, and my heart beats a little harder. I just feel more at home there. People I have never met are considered friends. I can't explain it.

My hope is that Cecilia will feel the same way about us; a supernatural connection. Please pray for a bond that goes beyond our own understanding. Pray that we will love her as we do Isabel.

Storms don't make me nervous. Maybe it's because I've never been devastated by one.

I better go home. I think Luciana is getting a little worried. The wind is picking up.

mbp

1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog posts, Mark. I love the way you talked about feeling more alive in Latin America and watching the storms over the reservoir. I smiled as I pictured that room :)

    ReplyDelete