Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

First Day with Rosa Maria Cecilia

I think the only reason I have found the energy to post today is because so many of you are praying with great anticipation. Needless to say, it has been an overwhelmingly emotional experience for the entire family, including Cecilia. Of course, we have all been handling it in different ways.

Once again, I am amazed by Isa's strength. I think it has kept me strong.

As Isa and Rosa Maria were swinging, Isa turned to me and said, "Papi, dice a Rosa Maria, 'Hola Rosa Maria. Yo soy tu papa' porque ella no sabe." (Papa, tell Rosa Maria, "Hi, Rosa Maria. I'm you're father" because she doesn't know.) Like I said, sometimes it's Isa that keeps me strong.

At this point, I would like to share pictures more than anything and ask for your continued prayers. As you can see, these pictures give you a clearer idea of what kinds of issues we will be dealing with.

We love you all and thank God for those of you who are walking this road with us.







5 comments:

  1. Praying for you all, Mark! The Lord is walking with you every step of the way. Dios les bendiga!
    Love,
    Michelle Knott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, we can’t believe that the long awaited day has arrived! You have prepared and waited and prayed for this day to arrive for years. It must be amazing for you to touch and hold your new little one.
    God has prepared you and Lia for this time and He continues to go ahead, behind, and beside you as you move into this initial bonding process. Please know that we are praying for you as you walk each new step.
    What a beautiful family you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying for you guys and cecilinha right now as you become a family to her. love you all very much and so wish i could be there to help! smooches on isa. (and i know this is a sister comment but that's a really good color on you, lu.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Philippians 1:6 (The Message)

    A Love That Will Grow

    Phil 1: 3-6 Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart. I am so pleased that you have continued on in this with us, believing and proclaiming God's Message, from the day you heard it right up to the present. There has never been the slightest doubt in my mind that the God who started this great work in you would keep at it and bring it to a flourishing finish on the very day Christ Jesus appears. (the Bunches)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings to the people who run the huerfanato. If the place is as spotless as the pictures show, and they give that much attention to the surroundings, then Rosa Lía must have been well loved. Strength will come to all of you from all of you, as needed, at different times.

    I know how hard it is to write and send pictures, but thank you for taking the time. It fills me with long distance joy.

    Profe Sue

    ReplyDelete