Pages

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Home for Mom's Birthday!

You are not going to believe this...

I would like to say we have done exactly what we were told to do after bringing home our newly adopted daughter, but we didn't.

They say to hibernate for a long time with your family, keep visits to a minimum and resist the temptation to take your new child on any trips or excursions.
But how could we have missed my mother's 70th birthday extravaganza? After all, my father and I have been talking about it for seven months.

So five days after returning home (to West Chicago) Luciana, Isabel, and Cecilia got on a plane and flew to Philadelphia International Airport. I hopped in the car and drove the 13 hours home (to Media, PA.) (Now you are wondering why I drove. At 69 years old, my mother has taken up bike riding, so I bought a Calypso Cruiser for her present. It wouldn't fit in the overhead compartment.)

Luciana has said Lia is starting to think she was adopted by a band of gypsies. I think she may be right.

mbp

2 comments:

  1. Gotta love the gypsy lifestyle!!! :) How's she done so far? I'm sure she's getting spoiled rotten and all you did in the past few weeks will have to be retaught! :)
    How was the party? I bet it was great! Hope you're having a great time together with the family! What a special time for celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great party and it was especially great to have Lia come too as many of our friends at the party had been praying for Lia. Mark's Dad

    ReplyDelete