Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Grandma's Eyes

This post was written by the grandmother...

What a wonderful day we had. We went to the market place and the children were so good. I cannot imagine a little child that lived in a orphanage all her life coming into a family and adjusting as well as she has. I wonder what goes on in her mind. She is really a precious little girl. Lia loves everyone. Mark and Luciana say I have grandmother eyes and ears, but that is not true. I have worked with a lot of children and this child is doing so well its amazing. Everyday brings new challenges with this tiny girl. She is learning so many new things. She goes to the park everyday and has no fear of anything. Today Luciana and Bruce took her to the park and she caught a baby bird. Luciana grabbed her just in time. The mother bird flew right down to Lia.

Mark, Isa and went to the market. Isa is really a precious little girl. People just love her. She bought gifts for all the children in her class. She talks to the shop owners and they love her. (Click here to watch Isa in the market.)Today we were buying a few gifts. The lady was wrapping up the items and Mark and I wanted to go to the next stand over. Isa asked if she could stay and talk to the women.She ask the store owner if she could stay. The womansaid she could and when we got back she was with her new friend. She bargained and got a little nativity for 2 soles (about 50 cents.) She was so thrilled. When she got home I saw her sitting with her Bible."I am reading with my mind. I love the Bible and sometimes I don't know the words so I hold the Bible and read it with my mind." Mark said I'm bragging. I don't want to do that but she really loves Jesus and talks about Him all the time. We are trying to get our tickets changed to come back on Friday. It doesn't look like we will be able to, but we will try again tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Love hearing a grandma brag!!! It gives us parents of little ones some perspective! :) ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jan, I loved your stories. And you were not bragging, just telling the truth!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, sounds like blessings and trials all at once. Isn't that just like life? God is faithful. Praying that Mark's back will heal and that all issue resolve quickly. Also praying for a safe return for everyone. The best is yet to come! God Bless all of you. Love , Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Mrs. Poulterer! It was a delight to hear about the girls through the eyes of a Grandma today!! There's no such thing as bragging in this case, as it's just a blessing to hear about! I like to "read the Bible with my mind," too :-)

    ReplyDelete