Pages

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our reason for adopting is not an uncommon one for followers of Christ.

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Isaiah 1:17
Learn to do good;
Seek justice,
Reprove the ruthless;
Defend the orphan,
Plead for the widow.

Mathew 25:31-46
I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to me.

In my opinion, this is what true religion is all about. So, for what it’s worth we will walk it out as best we can.

mbp

No comments:

Post a Comment